10.28.2008

A Tribute to Charles and Ray Eames



This is my favorite chair. There are quite a few things in life that you can look at and say, “I’ve made it.” This chair might just be one of them. I went into Design Within Reach the other day and got so giddy when I saw the molded plywood chair. I would most likely want the finish shown above, but I was quite fond of the red stained chair that was displayed in the store.

Apparently my love for Mr. and Mrs. Eames is all over etsy too! Just look at the great designs that I found...



above:
Pretty much everything that I have seen in avrilloreti's shop is too cute! This set is for four cocktail napkins. I love that she included some other designs in the set too.




above:
I find this pendent from chocolate and steel totally ironic and totally beautiful. For starters, the appeal of the chair is in the beautifully molded wood. By contrast, this pendent is anything but natural. The clash of the materials is just beautiful!




above:
I have had my eye on this print for who knows how long! There is a spot at the top of the staircase that keeps shouting "you NEED this print!" And I think I do. This gilcee print from Jenn Ski is the perfect addition to any home.




above:
I have actually bought a set of these for my little bro's birthday this year. He turned 21 and I thought coasters would be the perfect addition to his "bar." Modern Printed Matter printed these modern chairs onto cork. Perfect for your coffee table...









1 comment:

tracie said...

LOVE your new banner!!