12.19.2010

holiday decor around the house


Above: My grandpa's camera that took all of my mother's photos growing up. Santa and donkey from Black Scottie Treasures.

This holiday season has been absolutely CRAZY!!! I had been doing craft shows almost every weekend and somehow had booked up all other weekends until today. Today I feel free! Work the past couple of weeks have been an absolute nightmare. I'd love to vent about it, but this is really not the place. Just know that I had to stay late a few times last week, didn't get any real sleep as a result of stress and I definitely broke out in tears 3 times.

But 6 days from today is Christmas, which really is the best time of the year. And I finally have a fabulous place to decorate. After a stress filled day at work and leaving the bustling shops, coming home to a peaceful holiday home really makes everything better.

Top of my IKEA shelves, I put faux glittered "snow" and arranged my vintage cameras and new figurines from Black Scottie Treasures.
It's a little difficult to see with my super awesome camera, but I made these little cone trees based on Daniel Thompson's tutorial. Hers are super stinkin' cute, but I decided to go with all white trees. Each fabric has a different texture, so that are really great in person.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

it looks so holiday-y! I'm wishing we could watch old movies and drink hot cocoa with peppermint schnapps!