11.11.2010

holiday cards and fresh new photos!

It is now the middle of Thanksgiving which, in my opinion, is prime holiday card buying. We are getting busy at work with lots of orders! And that made me realize that it's time to restock the shop with my cards! Greeting cards are available in boxed sets of six. I'm going to try to take new photos (more about this below) and list individual cards as well sometime next week.



There are also some personalized holiday photo cards. (Thanks Heather, Tracie and Sarah for letting me "borrow" your photos!) You can personalize each set with your family's photograph and order matching return address stickers if you wish.



So, the above photos, are...well...terrible. I know! My lighting at home sucks. I've never had the patience to create a light box, so I set up two desk lamps and have at it. Then, the lighting is SO bad that when I try to correct it digitally it turns in to pixelated mush.

This week, I needed a new picture of my calendar for my work to blog about (my calendars are available in the shop!) We have a great lighting system that I think worked wonders. I still had quite a bit of editing to do, but am really pleased with how the photos turned out.



I've also been noticing photos a lot on etsy and have noticed that most of the front page images are clean, bright, and crisp. I'm hoping that these photos do the trick.

Ideally, I would like to reshoot all of the photographs in my shop, but that might be a task left to next year. I'm thinking that an at-home light box is needed as well as a new camera. But again, that new camera is not really in my immediate future.

No comments: