11.04.2010

halloweeney (a bit late) and other ramblings

It has taken me some time to realize that it is now NOVEMBER (seriously, where did the time go?)

This year, I wanted to decorate my house for Halloween and the Fall season, though, getting ready for upcoming shows have forced me to put other craft projects on hold. Christmas is just around the corner and my previous tennant left me a 6' faux tree for me to decorate. Hooray!

Rather than decorating, I had to work on my Halloween costume. I went as Don Draper's lover from Mad Men. Even though Don has a new lady almost every week, most people thought that I was Faye or Peggy. It didn't really matter either way, but I think I did a good job looking like I was at least from that era. My mom helped me with the hair. I (surprisingly) didn't take any photos but was able to grab some from other people's albums on facebook.







Starting the weekend of October 23rd (my first show...pics are coming soon, I promise!) I have had something to do every single weekend and it will continue that way until the middle of December.

Here's how it goes:

This weekend: First Saturday Art Market show and attempting to fix my car with my dad. (I cannot put gas in my car, which is SORT OF a problem....I'm hoping it's just a clogged hose. I'm SO thankful to have a handy dad that can teach me these things!)

Next weekend: My bestie, Erika is coming to visit (I am SOOOO excited about this!)

The next weekend: the WHAM show

The weekend after that: I guess I have that weekend off! But will be getting an oil change and my car inspected at the last possible second before my tags expire.

The next weekend after that: show at Sew Crafty.

And that takes me into December with just a few weeks to complete my holiday gifts, cards (if I get to them this year, I've been totally slacking in that department!) and holiday decorating. Not only is my schedule jam packed in the evenings and weekends, we are getting busy with holiday cards at work! It's really great and is totally putting me in the holiday spirit.

This time of the year is always super crazy, but really fun! Bring it on!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

i'm struggling in the "holiday card" department this year too.... no inspiration. (well, other than the size and envelopes)
Here's hoping the inspiration bug hits us both soon!