12.28.2010

FACES OF THE SIXTIES: PART ONE

One item on a long list of new year's to-dos ("resolutions" don't seem to ever get resolved, so perhaps "to-dos" will get done...) is to work on putting together a new professional portfolio. My current one is, well, not up to my current standards.

I designed it when I knew very little about graphics and thought that I would be going into a more architectural profession. I'd like to think that my skills have grown while working as a graphic designer for the past year and a half. Not only that, but I would like to focus my portfolio on my graphic designs and illustrations, rather than architecture and school projects.

So, first up on my New Year's To Do List:
  • Create a new professional portfolio.
Part of that to do involves me creating new work. So, I've started a new series called "Faces of the Sixties." These are the first of the series. I hope to work on more this week.

EDIE SEDGWICK




TWIGGY



Pen and ink illustrations, digitally colored.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

emily!!! seriously amazing!!

Rachel said...

These. Are. Awesome. (and if you do an Audrey one, I'm totally buying it.)

heather said...

I LOVE THESE!!!! So gorgeous!!

And darn that Rachel for calling dibs on Audrey! :-)

Alex said...

WOW! I love that you have started this series. I WANT that Twiggy print!!!