9.13.2010

pom-pom wreath



A while back, I found this idea for some DIY pom-pom balls. After the whole project was all said and done, I realized that I could have save myself a lot of time by making the circles larger, as in the post. Oh well. What's done is done, right?

I stared with a foam wreath and 1.5 yards of fabric. I found some nice blue fabric in the sale bin for $5.00 a yard. They were also having a sale, so the fabric was actually an additional 50% off. Oh, how I love to save!



I then proceeded to cut out about a billion 1.5" circles.


I started to glue the circles to the wreath. About half way through, I ran out of fabric. So, this project actually calls for 3 yards of fabric!

I also started this thinking that it would be an afternoon project that may need to be finished up throughout the week. I was DEAD wrong. This tedious little project took over a month to complete. Every time I sat down to watch TV, I plugged in the glue gun and got to work. I calculated that I could do about 10 square inches in about an hour. Sheesh.

But it turned out beautifully! And the color is a fun pop on top of the light aqua wall.



1 comment:

heather said...

I love this wreath...it's so pretty! And thank you for being honest about the process (running out of fabric, cutting 5 zillion circles, taking extra time) because I often think it's just me that has projects explode on them. That being said, your end product is gorgeous!!!!!