9.24.2010

etsy finds: for the yogi in you

At the beginning of this year, I started practicing yoga in my living room. About a month ago, I took the plunge and started going to classes.

A note to newbies: At home yoga is NOTHING like going to a studio. I am glad that I started at home to get a feel for the poses, but the pace and temperature at the studios was something new. Not that it's bad, I actually love going to classes now! I try to go at least twice a week to vinyasa classes and I'm now getting muscles in places I didn't even know a muscle existed. It's pretty awesome.

So, what is one to do when they pick up a new hobby? See what Etsy has for me! Below are some fun yoga products that I would love to own!


Clockwise from top center:
Yoga Mat Cleaner from Horenda Herbal.
Lotus Pranayama Breath Necklace from Zen Muse.

Laksmi top from Kaya Yoga Ware.
Yoga Fridge Magnets from Snowdon.
The Urban Yogi Mat Bag from Sundara.

4 comments:

heather said...

LOVE that mat bag!!

So now I have to ask more about the yoga. Do you love it? Do you love it more for how you feel doing it...or do you feel you're getting fit/exercising when you do it too? I've been a skeptic (i only have so much time to exercise & think in order to be getting anywhere i had better be sweating my butt off) but it seems like a lot of people are in love!

emilee rose said...

I LOVE yoga and recommend it to everyone!

The type that I practice is called vinyasa (sometimes referred to as power yoga). I like it more for how I feel afterwords. It's not an easy workout, but I know that I am getting toned while not doing boring weights/cardio. And trust me, you will sweat a lot in yoga, too!

It's also really helped my posture and my breathing. I notice myself taking lots of bid, deep breaths through the day to stay calm and focused.

You should really try it!

Sandra & Damian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sundarastudio said...

Thank you very much Emilee for finding my bag and mentioning on your blog!

Your illustrations and shop are just divine. My little girl would go crazy for the paper dolls!

Always so happy to hear about someone putting yoga in their life. It is truly transforming.

x Sandra