7.05.2009

dallas finds show: part one



image from startmybeat's flickr set

As I walked into the Dallas Market Center, I felt completely out of my element. The market center is over 12 floors of show rooms stocked full of gifts, apparel, housewares, and just about anything else you can think of! And that was just one of the buildings there. I was not able to get a photo of my own of the market center (there was a very strict sounding no photography inside the building, and I respectfully adhered to that rule,) but was able to find one on Flickr. The space was unreal. Right now it is adorned in Christmas colors and the center of the atrium already housed their Christmas tree. Holiday carols played throughout the main floor.

After I was able to catch my breath for what I have gotten myself into, my parents and I drove to the back part of the building to unload the car. We arrived at my booth to find out that May Arts Ribbon was in the booth directly across from me! We dropped off my stuff and went back to the hotel to rest for a busy weekend ahead of us.

The following morning my parents and I trekked back to the market center to begin set up. I was shocked at how few booths were actually set up just one day before the show. I knew that our set up would be fairly quick, but I sure wouldn't have left it to the last minute like some other vendors.



I hung chocolate brown curtains around my 10' x 10' space. My sign hung at the very back of the booth.


I had designed some very simple tables to house some products. My dad, the handyman, was kind enough to put them together for me.

My mom tied perfect knots with all of the ribbon to hang the plywood panels. It is somewhat difficult to see here, but there are mini clothes pins glued to the panels to hang the cards and invitations.
The booth took about 2 hours to set up. Now it was time to pick up Rachel from the airport!

No comments: