7.08.2009

crazy movie weekend

So, I have seen a whopping 2 movies in the theaters since I have moved back to Houston (Coroline and Sunshine Cleaning, both I highly recommend.) And so last weekend, somehow, I have managed to see three movies! And all were actually very good!




This movie was hilarious! I had been asked to go, and really didn't think that I liked Woody Allen movies. In my defense, I have only seen Matchpoint and really didn't like it. But this movie was super funny. Larry David was perfect for this role. It's only playing in one theater in Houston, but if you get the chance to see it, I highly recommend it!

Saturday: Public Enemies



Who doesn't love Johnny Depp? And did you know that the film was shot in parts of Wisconsin? I remember last year when they were having tryouts for extras in Milwaukee. I wanted to go so bad, but just couldn't justify taking off work to go try out.
The movie was fabulous. I am a little bias, though, because I find that whole era (early 30's) extremely romantic. The movie is a little on the long side, but still very good.

Sunday: Star Trek



Ok, so I know I may be the last person on earth to go see this, but I finally went! I made my dad a movie coupon for Father's Day to take him to a movie of his choice. I sort of already knew that he would choose Star Trek and I was glad when he did.

No comments: