9.23.2008

Hurricane Ike



photo above by Tammie Hall (aka. mom)

My dad sent me pictures today of Hurricane Ike. I couldn't believe what I saw. Most of the pictures were of flooding and of damage. There were tons of trees and limbs on the ground. In one photo, there was a telephone booth laying on its side.

I cannot even image what it is like to be on the Gulf Coast in the aftermath of the storm. I have been so worried about my parents and the rest of the people affected by Ike. Though, I am so greatful that nothing truly bad happened to my parents or friends.

My mother took the beautiful picture above on the night after the storm. She and I did not retouch the photo at all. While Ike may not be on the news anymore, there are still many people that are having to deal with the aftermath. Over 600,000 people are still without power, including my parents. The schools are still closed. Offices are still closed.

All of the victims of Hurricane Ike are in my thoughts and prayers. If you would like to read more about Hurricane Ike and the aftermath, please visit Houston's main news station here.

1 comment:

tracie said...

beautiful photo and beautiful post. they've been lucky to have you as a support, even though you're miles away.