5.01.2010

mini garden

About three weeks ago, I started a tiny little itty bitty garden in my back yard. I wanted to start growing my own veggies and herbs, especially since fresh herbs are so dang expensive at the grocery store! After adding up all of the vegetables that I wanted to grow, I had to do a serious cut back and just start with a couple of pots.

I've planted summer squash (in the large pot) and basil and catnip (in the smaller pots)

Since I know absolutely nothing about gardening, I did a little research and found this super handy guide. From everything that I read about growing vegetables is that they need adequate draining. I added rocks to the bottom of the pot to help with the draining.



Soil was added on top of the rocks. I used Micracle-Gro Organic Choice Potting Mix.



Then I planed all of my seeds and waited....



A week later, this is what I have!




This photograph was taken this past weekend. The squash is shooting up, growing about a half inch everyday. The basil and catnip are sllllooooowwwwwlllly coming up and may not be as successful. One is growing more than the other, but I have no idea which pot is which any more!



I'm thinking about adding a few more veggies soon, but I'll have to see if I get anything good to sprout first!

No comments: