4.26.2010

welcome to my neighborhood: buchanan's native plants



Part of moving to a new part of town is getting out to explore. The Heights is FULL of cute little mom and pop shops, locally owned jems, and unique finds. Just down the street from me is an adorable nursery called Buchanan's Native Plants. This place is HOPPING on the weekends with lots of young people and families. It is the perfect destination for all of your plant needs (when you choose not to go to the giant box stores.)
I love that Buchanan's has a whole section of cactus! I'm dying to get one but am thinking of a place where the little kitty will not get injured trying to play with it...
As some of you may have read on my twitter, I have recently started a small little garden in my backyard (a post about that to come.) Buchanan's was a great place to get started. Once my plants grow, I can't wait to reward myself with a little treat like the uber-cute beehives below!
Besides a full nursery, Buchanan's has a great gift shop. They carry everything from candles to books to jewelry to decor. There are lots of fun finds in the little yellow house buried behind all of the plants!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i want to go to there.
nay - I want to work there!
actually... can I just live there?