4.20.2010

my new home in houston's historic heights!

I moved to the Heights at the very end of March and have been settling in quite nicely. In comparison to my last apartment (which I hated) this new apartment is AMAZING. It is a one bedroom, lower unit in a four-plex. The kitchen is quite large...and yellow! How perfect?

There is hardwood floors throughout the house, except the kitchen and bathroom have black and white checkered tiling.

I still have a lot that I want to do/buy/make in my new house, but for now, this is what I have come up with!

Living Room:


This mini-door in the living room leads to an enormous walk-in closet, with shelves lining two of the walls.



The best part of this house: the windows! They are huge and they are everywhere! Tilly has never been so happy to watch all of the birds and squirrels play outside.

Bedroom:



This dresser is one of my favorite pieces of furniture that I own. Surprisingly, all of my furniture that I have now was a part of my very first "big girl" bedroom. I just gave it a nice bright coat of turquoise paint to update the look.


A second dresser, part of my nursery! I refinished this a few years ago.

Bathroom:


Cutest bathtub ever.

Kitchen and Dining Room:


A detail of my bar. I love the grey laminate with the yellow walls!


My little dining area. Perfect for a couple of friends for brunch!

And that is a snapshot of my new place! I learned some new photoshop skills and am a little obsessed with "aging" my photos, so I hope that it's not too distracting!

You can visit my flickr to see a complete set of photographs around my house.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

emily!!! cutest place ever and it screams YOU!! ;)

i'm gonna hop over to flickr and look at the rest of the photos ...

CONGRATS!!

Unknown said...

ohmygoodness! totally adorable! you have set the bar high for cute new homes, my friend. (will you come help me do mine? eek!)