1.03.2010

bed + bedding love




This bedroom set belonged to my mother when she was very young. The entire set became mine as soon as I grew out of my crib and moved into my "big girl bed." I love this bed. I love the dresser too, though it is too large to maneuver into my bedroom at my current apartment. (Otherwise a photo of it would be included as well.) This bed has shockingly been used almost my whole life--with the exception of my teenage years.


To give it a new look, I painted it teal when I was a sophomore in college. I often wonder why my mother let me paint such a nice antique therefor depreciating its value. Though, what would it matter? We would never dream of selling this set. It's somewhat of an heirloom piece. My uber girly four-post bed has not been dressed well for a couple of year's now. I have the most difficult time making a decision when it came to bedding. And so, it wore overly worn sheets, mismatched pillows, and an over sized king comforter until the miracle of Christmas.




I'd had my eye on this set after watching the Target Thanksgiving commercial. This was the set that I needed. Pretty. Clean. Girly. Perfect. And as silly as it may sound, I'm so excited to have pillow shams again! It really does complete the look. Underneath the gorgeous pintucked comforter are very soft light blue bamboo sheets. They are amazing!


Having such a pretty bed sure does make it difficult to ever want to get out. As you can see, Tilly has become quite fond of the bedding as well. She pretty much sleeps there all day and takes brakes to try to bite off the buttons.

1 comment:

heather said...

I actually really like the bed with the blue color...love the new bedding...love how your embroidery hoop art looks with it!