1.01.2010

2010, bring it on...



Happy New Year to all!

I can hardly believe that the year is over. Just like every year they fly by SO fast. Though, I am pretty sure that today might have been the most productive day I've had in quite a while...hoping that was just a glimpse of my motivation for 2010.

After a very low-key New Year's Eve, I was able to wake up at a reasonable hour this morning to start my day. I make some great baking powder biscuits, brewed my coffee and began my plan of attack. I cleaned my entire apartment from top to bottom...dusting every surface, disinfecting every counter, and putting everything in it's place. Not only did I clean the visible parts of my apartment, but I also cleaned and organized my closets and cabinets. I have a large closet in my hallway that has become the I-don't-feel-like-putting-this-away closet and has collected anything and everything that I just don't want to deal with. Today, I dealt with it.

Resolution #1: Clean and organize apartment--check.

Then I worked out a little bit. While I know that this is pretty much on everyone's list of resolutions, I feel pretty confident that I can keep this up. I started working on this resolution two weeks ago, realizing that "I'll start tomorrow/next week/ next year," has always been my excuse. No reason to wait, right? I hit up Marshall's and got a yoga mat and some simple video's and have been very diligent about my 20 minutes exercises.

Resolution #2: Get in shape--check.

And now I'm sipping on my newest addiction (Aveda's Comforting Tea,) about to start working on the new paper dolls and valentine's cards. All in all, a pretty great way to start this new decade!

1 comment:

S.H. Lohmann said...

Okay, so after reading that you're yoga-ing (hooray!!) I realized I have been a Netflix-watching, cocoa-drinking, yoga-ignoring slob. Hopped back on the wagon this morning; thanks!