4.17.2009

a doll party for ella





Remember how my brother was able to get me that custom invitation job with Billy Reid? Well, that boy sure does know how to network for his big sis! He referred me to Leah, the owner of Tiny Heinies Clothing. She has tons of cute products for babies and kids. My favorites are the personalized super hero capes! What kid wouldn't want to be a super hero for a day?

Leah's daugter, Ella, has a birthday coming up soon and is throwing her a doll themed party. I created an illustration of Ella and a personalized party outfit for her. I put the paper doll on her invitations so that all of her friends could play with their very own Ella doll. Leah came up with the wording and the rest was up to me.






Leah also asked me to design some personalized notes for Ella and her son, Tucker. I've done quite a bit of little girl illustrations, but this was my first illustration of a little boy! I was really pleased with how it all came together!

No comments: