3.02.2009

holiday handmade- part two

As I mentioned in my previous post, my co-workers and myself decided to give the gift of handmade this year! Check out the lovely gifts that I received.


A gift from Sarah

Sarah hand knit this beautiful scarf! It is so warm and so soft. Seriously, when I first felt it, I wanted to snuggle up with it in bed! I wore it many times in Milwaukee's bitter cold winter. The thing I love most about it is that it is long enough to wrap around my neck three times! Super cute and practical!


A gift from Lisa

Lisa always throws the most fun get togethers. All of her girl friends are tons on fun to be with and the food is always amazing! Knowing how much we all like her cooking, she made us all little recipe cards of her "signature" dishes. My favorites are her cheesy potatoes and her Red Lobster biscuits!

A gift from Heather



Heather gave another beautiful hand made scarf, a la Martha Stewart. It's not as warm as Sarah's, but it sure is fashionable! And, I must say, I love the color!


A gift from Nellie

Nellie's gift seemed to never end! She is our graphic designer and she was able to put her talents to good use. She made a whole coordinating desk set! She designed a list pad with a personalize picture, a pencil cup, personalized stationery, and cute matching desk clips inspired by Susy Jack. She even choose the exact same paper that I have used to decorate my house. Remember the magnet board? It's perfect!







A gift from Katie

What a fabulous idea! Katie was able to get her hands on some cut metal and created a recipe card holder from it. She even made personalized magnets for each one. Could she and Lisa have exchanged gift ideas? Because their gifts work perfectly together!




A gift from Tracie


OK, so Tracie didn't necessarily follow the handmade rule, but she did get me something that I can use to make more handmade items! Truth be told, I was having a pretty crummy day before our holiday party. To cheer me up, Tracie told me that she couldn't wait to give my my gift. What could it be? What did I want? Well, I knew I did not want anything in particular, so my guess was as good as any. I literally jumped out of my seat when I opened it! I love it so much!





And I really loved ALL of the gifts that I received. Each one was created or purchased with thought and love. I couldn't ask for anything more. I truly worked with some of the most amazing ladies that I have ever met.

No comments: