12.17.2008

a day in the life of tilly the cat



While I completely understand that reading about a cat's day is not exciting at all (unless you are a crazy cat lady) but I highly suggest that you continue reading about Tilly's Monday.

"My mom leaves me pretty much every day to go to some place called work. I cry and cry at the door in hopes that she will actually stay just one day. But that is never my luck.

So then she is gone and I have the house to my self. I go back to the kitchen to eat a little breakfast, but lately mom has only been giving me dinner because she says that I eat too much. If I'm hungry, I'm hungry, right?

After a hearty breakfast I lay around the house waiting for mom to come back home so that I can follow her around like her own shadow. Sometimes she says that she gets annoyed by it, but I know that she secretly likes it.

Once mom gets home, she goes strait to the computer. She sure is busy most of the time. When she gets home, I just want to be near her as much as possible. Sometimes I will jump onto her desk and she will pick me up and put me in her lap.

So, this past Monday, I jumped up onto her desk, just like every other day. Except this day, she put a candle right where I like to jump. Do you know what it feels like to be a kitty on fire? Because I do! I jumped over the candle and it must have caught my coat on fire! There I was: a kitty in flames! I freaked out, not knowing what to do, and squirmed as much as possible to figure out what was going on. Mom was freaking out too! She grabbed me, which startled me, and so I jumped off of the desk to safety. It's good that I did because the fire went out as I did so. I ran to the bedroom to just be by myself and process the whole situation. Mom came in with a wet washcloth--she knows that I don't like water--and rubbed my coat in the towel. It actually felt pretty good.

The next thing I knew, she was chasing me around the house trying to pick up to put me in my carrier. I scratched her pretty good, just so she knew that I didn't like it. Mom took me to some place called a hospital, where they had other people touch me way more than I like to be touched.

Once I got home from the hospital, mom finally decided not to go back to work and just laid with me in bed. It was so nice just to cuddle up with her. Oh, the doctor at the hospital said that I was ok, but that mom should just 'keep an eye on me,' whatever that means.

And that was my Monday. I'm doing OK. I'm just so glad that the fire went out before it got to my skin. I have some funny looking patches of hair on my coat, but nothing too bad. Mom assured me that it will all grow back. I've seen her hair look pretty funny a lot, and it always grows back, so that seems promising. The plus side to all of this is that she is spending a lot more time with me when she is at home. I knew I could make her feel bad."

Yes, I did just write a story from my cat's point of view. I am that crazy cat lady. But, Tilly was on fire! It was the scariest thing that I could imagine! She is one crazy kitty...but I am so glad that she is doing well.

1 comment:

tracie said...

i'm so glad tilly escaped virtually unharmed. she's very lucky to have a mommy like you! {okay, and odd that the 'word verification' i have to enter to leave a comment is catadble} :)