6.28.2010

etsy craft party

Friday, June 18th was Etsy's 5th Birthday! To celebrate, they organized craft parties all over the world. Houston had one that, I thought, was a HUGE success! Sew Crafty was nice enough to host the party- which was super convenient for me, since it is located in the Heights!

There were craft stations all over the shop. My mom came with me as my date. We started the evening by grabbing snacks and I grabbed some beer donated by Saint Arnold Brewery. Upstairs were stations to fuse plastic bags and make framed memory boards. My mom and I choose the crafts that required the least amount of supplies to bring....



My mother and I cut the bags and prepped them for fusing.



This is me thinking "why didn't I think of bringing COOL bags, like her Forever 21 bag??"



Craft Fail. My iron was too hot...



So then we moved on to the rolled fabric flowers. I LOVED this! Now I want to make rolled flower accessories for every outfit I own!



The final product!

Thanks Etsy for the great party!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

umm... what was the bag project SUPPOSED to look like?
LOVE the fabric flowers! They'd make great little favors for a bridal or baby shower. (or super-fun accessories for everyday, for ladies as fabulous as you)