2.09.2010

in the kitchen with Emily

I absolutely love cooking…and baking even more! I was on a super cooking spree this weekend and thought I would share my recipes!

For breakfast, I cracked open the Joy of Cooking that my parents got me for Christmas and made the Classic Scones. The scones turned out great and I love any excuse to use my vintage kitchen canisters (also a Christmas gift from the ‘rents…they did great this year!)





My friend, Katie, made me Tomato Basil soup and was kind enough to share her recipe with me so that I could recreate its goodness! I made a couple of changes/additions and ended up making the best Tomato Basil soup ever! And, my favorite part is that it makes a TON (expect to freeze your left-overs or share with friends) all for under $10!



1 large can of diced tomatoes (24 ounces)
1 can of tomato juice (74 ounces)
5 stems of fresh basil (more or less to taste)
1 clove garlic
2 cups of fat free half & half
Salt and pepper to taste

Pour diced tomatoes, garlic, and basil into a food processor and blend until well pureed. Pour puree into a large pot with tomato juice and half and half and heat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Super easy, super yummy, and healthy!

No comments: